Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My little artist

Back in September Eliza had the opportunity to submit some artwork to the Oakland county "Arts, Beats, and Eats" festival. Children from schools all over Oakland county were invited to participate and were given several different themes to choose from. Eliza chose three different themes: 'What I love about Michigan'(Picture of the beach and lighthouse in Ludington, MI-Painting), 'Pop Culture' (Picture of Phineas and Ferb-Pastels on black paper), and 'Nature' (3-D Bumlebee sitting on a paper flower).
Eliza was selected as one of the winners for her "What I Love About Michigan" painting of Ludington! She won a $25 gift card to Target and her painting was displayed in the Oakland County Executive Offices. Pretty cool, huh?!

I'm so proud of my Liza Bear. She really is such a smart and creative girl. Congratulations Eliza! We love you!


2 comments:

Jen said...

wOw!!! Soooo awesome! Little ZyZy is growing up so fast. I've never seen Shane's artwork so I'm guessing she takes after Mom in her artistic ability. Hope to see you all reeeaal soon (wink wink)

Carla Geddes said...

That is so great. Her painting is really good. WOW. Your girls are so smart.
Miss you guys.
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. Wow... Jake I are will only be celebrating our 2 year next month, and even then, we will be on separate continents for it. Guess we'll have to go on a date or something when Jake joins me in SA for Christmas. LOL